TICK & MOSQUITO TREATMENTS
Enjoy time spent outdoors with family and pets without worrying about ticks or mosquitoes.
Alfieri Tree Care provides affordable and effective tick and mosquito treatments on Cape Cod.
As Cape Cod residents, we know that ticks can carry Lyme Disease, Powassan Virus or Babesiosis. Alfieri Tree Care provides effective tick control solutions including:
- Tick Sprays | Organic and Conventional Solutions Available.
This traditional barrier spray will greatly reduce the tick population. The treatment targets the brushy perimeter and other areas of high tick density. Most Cape Cod properties require 3 tick sprays per summer season. The number of recommended treatments will vary on location and setting.
- Host Targeted Tick Control | An alternative (or accompaniment) to spraying.
Tick control boxes attract mice (the most common contributor in the spread of Lyme Disease). As the mouse passes through the box it will brush against a small applicator with a low-dose insecticide. The insecticide will not harm the mouse (or any other animal that may eat the mouse), but it will kill the ticks that the mice are carrying. The boxes are self-contained and the insecticide is not a threat to any any animal other than ticks on small rodents like mice and chipmunks.
Our tick treatments are affordable, timely and completed in a manner that targets the tick itself, leaving your property free for you and your family and pets to enjoy.
Be sure to accompany your tick spray or tick treatment with the following precautions:
- Avoid areas where ticks are prevalent, including wooded, brushy or grassy areas.
- Use insect repellent. DEET on skin and Permethrin on clothing!
- Wear long sleeves and pants and light colors so as to easily see any ticks that you pick up.
- Check yourself for ticks when you get back to your house or car. A lint roller is a great tool to use to pick up any nymphs.
- Make sure pets are treated with a tick and flea preventative. Our dog, Harper wears a Seresto collar daily and it’s very effective in killing any ticks that find their way into her fur.
- Visit the Cape Cod Cooperative Extension for more tips and information on ticks.
The same products that manage the tick population also aid in the control mosquitoes. While tick sprays target the perimeter of your property, mosquito sprays target mosquito resting sites including tall grass, weeds and damp or wet areas.
Alfieri Tree Care offers effective and affordable, conventional and organic solutions. We will treat your property for deer ticks, dog ticks, the Lone Star Tick and mosquitoes. Treatments are:
- Safe for children and pets!
- ALWAYS applied by an ISA Certified Arborist (NE-7156A)
Not finding what you want? Reach out directly using the form below.