Pruning is the most common tree maintenance procedure. We use a variety of methods for pruning trees, including climbing or lifts.
The process consists of trimming a tree, shrub, or bush of its dead or overgrown branches or stems, to increase the fruitfulness and growth of the specimen.
There are many instances in which Alfieri Tree Care would recommend tree pruning, including:
- Removing diseased or storm-damaged branches
- Thin the tree crown to permit new growth and better air circulation
- Reduce the height of a tree
- Remove obstructing lower branches
- Shape a tree for design purposes
An experienced professional will complete all the necessary work in a safe and efficient manner!
Mature Tree Pruning
Mature trees are typically landscape and feature trees require a high level of care and attention to maintain their structural integrity and aesthetic. Common reasons for the pruning of mature trees is to improve form, reduce risk and to remove dead branches. Mature trees may also be pruned to increase light and air penetration to the inside of the tree’s crown or to the landscape below. Most of the time, mature trees are pruned as a corrective or preventive measure.
A tree could be considered “mature” if it:
- Has reached the desired size or age for its intended use
- Is complete in natural development or growth
- Has a well-developed canopy
- Is fully developed in the middle half of its usual life expectancy and is still retaining good growth and vigor
- Has reached full height but is still spreading its crown
Young Tree Pruning
Proper pruning is essential to a tree’s development as a strong structure with desirable form. Trees that receive the appropriate pruning measures while they are young will require less corrective pruning as they mature.
Vista pruning entails pruning trees to create a pleasing view. Abiding by local regulations, we will determine the appropriate work to be done to enhance your Cape Cod water view!
Not finding what you want? Reach out directly using the form below.